Chai Tea Reviews
Chai teas are special black teas. There is no one "definition" really
of a chai tea. True, in Chinese and in most of Asia actually, "Chai"
However, when one thinks of Chai teas here in the USA, the first thing
that comes to mind is "spicy." You see, the most common characteristic
of a chai tea is that something spicy has been added to the tea, in particular
Common spices found in chai teas include black pepper, cinnamon, cardamom
(pretty much a necessity for a chai tea), ginger, cloves, peppercorn,
among other things.
I personally love chai teas. The reason for this is because I love spicy
things, and spicy teas are no exception to this. For this reason, there
is quite a few chai tea reviews on this site.
That all said, there are plenty of other teas in the world today that
are spicy but are not chai teas. To find all the spicy teas I've reviews
on this site, look in the Spicy Teas section.
To read the full reviews of the various chai teas in this blog, simply
click on any of the links below.
- Culinary Teas Chai Rooibos Tea : A very enjoyable chai tea, one that has a great flavor but isn't too spicy.
- Dragonwater Green Chai Tea : A subtle yet enjoyable chai tea that also happens to be a green tea. A nice break from traditional green tea that won't overwhelm you with spicy things.
- Dragonwater Green Spicy Chai Tea : An absolutely top-notch green tea that has a bit of kick to it as well as a nice, subtle flavor of ginger and spearmint. A chai tea lovers delight!
- Good Earth Chai Black Tea : An excellent chai tea that gets it very nice kick from the hefty amounts of cinnamon used in it.
- Lipton Spicy Chai Black Tea : A moderate strength and average tasting spicy chai flavored black tea.
- Numi Organic Golden Chai Spiced Black Tea : A superb chai tea that does not use pepper, but instead contains a perfect blend of cinnamon and ginger.
- Numi Ruby Chai Spiced Organic Rooibos Tea : This is an excellent rooibos tea. If you enjoy spicy teas, you'll most definitely enjoy this tasty tea.
- Republic of Tea Black Chai Tea : A very enjoyable chai tea that rather oddly lacks the "spice level" found in other chai teas.
- Republic of Tea Green Chai Tea : An excellent and rather spicy green chai tea...with a very strong cinnamon flavor.
- Republic of Tea Red Chai Rooibos Tea : A very tasty and rather spicy rooibos chai tea...which is also caffeine free, too.
- Stash Chai Green Tea : A very enjoyable and rather spicy tea that nicely blends ginger, cinnamon and allspice into a very flavorful chai green tea.
- Stash Chai Spice Black Tea : A surprisingly good and quite spicy chai black tea, with a strong flavor of cinnamon.
- Stash Chai Spice Decaf Black Tea : For a decaf tea, this one is surprisingly good, and lacks most of the bitterness found in other decaffeinated teas.
- Stash Double Spice Chai Black Tea : A chai tea with an attitude. This tea packs quite the kick to it, yet still has a enjoyable and memorable flavor.
- Stash Holiday Chai Black Tea : A surprisingly good and very flavorful chai tea, that tastes not like pepper but cinnamon, rum and nutmeg!
- Stash Kashmiri Chai Green Tea : An ok but still disappointing chai green tea due to it's overpowering ginger flavor.
- Stash Vanilla Chai Decaf Black Tea : A rather nasty and bitter vanilla flavored chai tea that tastes nothing like any chai tea you've ever tried.
- Tazo Chai Organic Spiced Black Tea : A very tasty and spicy organic Chai Tea from Tazo. The perfect way to add spice to your life.
- Tazo Decaffeinated Chai Spiced Black Tea : An excellent chai spiced black tea, despite being decaffeinated. If you like spicy teas, you'll enjoy this one.
General Tea Books
|All the Tea in China : This lavishly illustrated book explores both the historical lore of tea in China, Japan, and the West and the health and aesthetic virtues of the beverage. |
@ Copyright 2018 TeaDiscussion.Com
All work on this site is the legal
property of TeaDiscussion.Com and may not be duplicated in any way without