Three Star Tea Reviews
Listed on this page are teas that I rate as "Three Star Teas",
or teas that are worth drinking, but hardly are "memorable experiences."
In short, three star teas are teas that I think are you garden-variety
tea - nothing awful, but nothing great either.
Click on any of the links to read the full reviews.
- Adagio Teas Almond Tea : A pleasant but weak tasting almond flavored black tea. No substitute for Amaretto, sadly.
- Adagio Teas Apple Cantata Herbal Tea : A very sweet whole fruit tea that has a unique but somewhat forgettable flavor.
- Adagio Teas Chocolate Chip Flavored Black Tea : A smooth and pleasant black tea that is no substitute for a chocolate chip cookie.
- Adagio Teas Ginger Flavored Black Tea : A flavored black tea that really does taste like ginger, but has a rather nasty after-taste.
- Adagio Teas Gingerbread Flavored Black Tea : If you love gingerbread, then this tea has your name on it.
- Adagio Teas Green Pekoe Tea : A quality green tea that has massive leaves but has both a funny grassy flavor and grassy aroma about it.
- Adagio Teas Mandarin Green Tea : A pleasant if somewhat forgettable green tea that has a very subtle flavor of orange and a light taste.
- Adagio Teas Oolong #8 Tea : A high quality "straight" oolong tea. Also makes a fine "intro" level oolong tea, too.
- Adagio Teas Rooibos Jasmine Tea : A disappointing but still not bad Rooibos Tea with a weak jasmine flavor and aroma to it.
- Adagio Teas Rooibos Vanilla Tea : A tea with a strong vanilla flavor that sadly is no replacement for vanilla ice cream.
- Adagio Teas Rum Flavored Black Tea : A flavored black tea that isn't bitter but has kind of a weak rum flavor to it.
- Adagio Teas Ti Kuan Yin Oolong Tea : An unusual oolong tea that looks like and tastes like a green tea.
- Adagio Teas White Monkey Green Tea : A very light colored and light tasting green tea. Traditional green tea drinkers will enjoy this tea.
- Adagio Teas White Tangerine Tea : A decent, somewhat sweet white tea that in no way had any sort of flavor of tangerine or orange.
- Adagio Teas White Tropics White Tea : A white tea with a strong coconut flavor.
- Adagio Teas Wuyi Ensemble Oolong Tea : A high-quality tea with massive leaves that has a forgettable flavor.
- Ahmad Teas English Black Tea : A black tea flavored with bergamot that has a odd, but quite unique, flavor to it.
- Ahmad Teas Vanilla Flavored Black Tea : A better than average vanilla black tea...but that really isn't saying much, sadly.
- Art of Tea Cherry Amaretto Rooibos Tea : A pleasant but weak flavored rooibos tea that is no substitute for a cherry or amaretto flavored mixed drink.
- Bigelow Cinnamon Spice Herbal Tea : A moderately strong cinnamon flavored herbal tea that has an ok taste.
- Bigelow Lemon Herb Tea : If you enjoy the taste of lemon, you'll like this moderately strong tasting lemon tea.
- Bigelow Peppermint Herbal Tea : Just your average supermarket brand peppermint tea, good but not earth shatteringly great.
- Bigelow Perfect Peach Herbal Tea : A tea that really does taste like peaches.
- Bigelow Red Raspberry Herbal Tea : A surprisingly good and tasty tea that really does taste like raspberries.
- Carrington Green Mint Tea : A pleasant mint flavored green tea without any bitterness.
- Celestial Seasonings Authentic Green Tea : Better than average for a supermarket bagged green tea, but falls short in comparison to loose-leaf green teas.
- Celestial Seasonings Decaf Green Tea : This tea tastes nearly the same as the non-decaffeinated version of Celestial Seasonings Green Tea.
- Celestial Seasonings Peppermint Tea : Your average supermarket brand peppermint tea. Nothing special. Nothing awful.
- Celestial Seasonings Raspberry Gardens Green Tea : A green tea that tastes like a Raspberry Herbal Tea.
- Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime Herbal Tea : A pleasant evening tea with a hint of spearmint.
- Celestial Seasonings Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride : A weak flavored tea that is no substitute for a real sugar cookie.
- Celestial Seasonings Wild Berry Zinger Tea : A huge variety of berry tastes packaged up in a small tea bag.
- Culinary Teas Bingo Blueberry Tea : If you like blueberries, you'll like this tea.
- Culinary Teas Bourbon Street Vanilla Rooibos : A mix of rooibos and vanilla flavors combine to make this a pleasant tea.
- Culinary Teas English Breakfast Black Tea : Just your average traditional black tea with a full body flavor.
- Culinary Teas Florida Orange Rooibos : A tea that in everyway qualifies as an "orange tea", except for it's taste.
- Culinary Teas Oolong Orange Blossom Tea : A very pretty oolong tea that tasted nothing like oranges.
- Culinary Teas Queen Mary Black Tea : A traditional black tea that has a strong and robust flavor that is still just plain boring!
- Culinary Teas Rooibos Tea : A very good, unflavored straight Rooibos Tea.
- Dragonwater Chocolate Cream Black Tea : A very powerful chocolate aroma is wiped out on the shores of despair by a poweful black tea taste.
- Dragonwater Earl Grey de la Creme Black Tea : An interesting earl grey tea that has a very strong vanilla flavor to it, with a hint of cream.
- Dragonwater Vanilla Cream Herbal Fruit Tea : An attractive fruit tea flavored with vanilla cream that is in no way a replacement for ice cream.
- Impra Teas Earl Grey Tea : Just an average but rather flavorful generic earl grey tea.
- Impra Teas Lemon Flavored Black Tea : A surprisingly flavorful and enjoyable lemon flavored tea.
- Lipton Cinnamon Apple Herbal Tea : A nice blend of apple and cinnamon produces a pleasant flavor.
- Lipton Ginger Twist Herbal Tea : A light tasting, yet pleasant tea from Lipton.
- Lipton Lemon Ginseng Green Tea : A weak tasting "lemon green tea" that tastes far more of lemon than of green tea.
- Lipton Mint Flavored Black Tea : A rather enjoyable mint flavored black tea where you can actually taste the mint, too.
- Lipton Mint Green Tea : An enjoyable and light mint green tea that combines peppermint and spearmint.
- Lipton Mixed Berry Green Tea : A decent cherry flavored green tea. Nothing great. Nothing bad. Just average.
- Lipton Orange Herbal Tea : A weak tasting bagged tea from Lipton that tastes a bit of oranges.
- Lipton Orange, Passionfruit & Jasmine Green Tea : A surprisingly good orange flavored green tea.
- Lipton Peppermint Herbal Tea : An average supermarket bagged tea.
- Lipton Quietly Chamomile Tea : A pleasant tea with a touch of lemon. Little after-taste makes for a nice bedtime tea.
- Lipton Spicy Chai Black Tea : A moderate strength and average tasting spicy chai flavored black tea.
- Little Snowbird's Candy Bar Cream Rooibos Tea : A rather unique tea that essentially is a creamy coconut flavored rooibos tea.
- Mighty Leaf Breakfast Americana Black Tea : Your standard strong but rather boring traditional black tea.
- Numi Ginger Sun Lemon Decaf Green Tea : For a decaf green tea, this one is actually pretty good...with a nice, lemon flavor and a subtle hint of ginger.
- Numi Monkey King Jasmine Green Tea : A rather weak flavored organic jasmine green tea. The tea has a nice flavor, it is just far weaker than loose-leaf jasmine teas.
- Numi Red Mellow Bush Rooibos Tea : An average tasting "straight rooibos tea" that does have a very strong vanilla flavor to it.
- Numi Sweet Meadows Chamomile Lemon Myrtle Herbal Tea : A odd tasting lemon flavored organic chamomile tea. It isn't bad, but is nothing special either.
- Numi Teas Morning Rise Breakfast Blend Black Tea : Just your basic breakfast black tea that is a mix of black teas, that happily isn't bitter.
- Numi Teas Simply Mint Moroccan Mint Herbal Tea : An average mint tea that lacks the sweetness found in peppermint and spearmint teas.
- Numi White Nectar Osmanthus Spring White Tea : A long named tea that is rather short of flavor.
- Okuma Nutritionals Wu-Long Slimming Tea : A smooth and non-bitter Wu-Long tea that may help with weight loss but which also has a slight unpleasant odor once brewed.
- Republic of Tea Dragonwell Green Tea : A very enjoyable dragonwell green tea that only has a "slight grassy flavor."
- Republic of Tea Good Hope Vanilla Red Tea : A decent vanilla flavored rooibos tea which is still no substitute for vanilla ice cream.
- Republic of Tea Peppermint Chocolate Rooibos Tea : A decent tasting tea, but I found the chocolate and peppermint flavor far too weak for my liking.
- Republic of Tea Red Velvet Chocolate Rooibos Tea : If you're searching for a chocolate tea to satisfy your chocolate cravings while avoiding the calories, continue your search since this tea has only a weak chocolate flavor.
- Republic of Tea Vanilla Almond Black Tea : A pleasant black tea that has a nice vanilla flavor to it but the almond flavor is quite weak.
- Safeway Select Chamomile Herbal Tea : Just your average chamomile tea, but which works quite nicely for a bedtime tea.
- Safeway Select Evening Delight Herbal Tea : A pleasant peppermint and chamomile tea that is perfect for bedtime.
- Safeway Select Orange Spice Flavored Black Tea : A pretty decent and rather flavorful orange spice tea.
- Stash Chai Spice Decaf Black Tea : For a decaf tea, this one is surprisingly good, and lacks most of the bitterness found in other decaffeinated teas.
- Stash Chamomile Herbal Tea : A pleasant, light-tasting herbal tea with a hint of apple.
- Stash Christmas Eve Herbal Tea : A pleasant cinnamon and spearmint herbal tea that has a weak flavor and little aftertaste.
- Stash Earl Grey Tea : A pleasant if somewhat light-tasting black tea with a nice after-taste.
- Stash Kashmiri Chai Green Tea : An ok but still disappointing chai green tea due to it's overpowering ginger flavor.
- Tazo Passion Herbal Tea : A very fruity and very strong herbal tea with mysterious and exotic ingredients.
- Tulsi Teas Gotu Kola Herbal Tea : A organic tea with a very different flavor that is also very healthy to drink.
- Typhoo Perky Pink Grapefruit Herbal Tea : A surprisingly strong grapefruit flavored herbal tea, perhaps because it has a ingredient list a mile long.
- Vanilla Green Tea : A surprisingly good tea with a hint of Vanilla.
- Yogi Teas Purely Peppermint Tea : A better than average bagged peppermint tea.
General Tea Books
|Tea: History, Terroirs, Varieties : Tea is a comprehensive guide to non-herbal tea, the plant Camellia sinensis. Concise and authoritative text and an abundance of color photographs take the reader on an escorted tour of the world's tea-growing countries.|
@ Copyright 2018 TeaDiscussion.Com
All work on this site is the legal
property of TeaDiscussion.Com and may not be duplicated in any way without